- 7g package quick rise instant yeast
- 2 ½ cup flour (all-purpose)
- 1/ 2 cup salt
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- ¼ unsalted butter
- ¼ granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup of vegetable oil
- 1 cup of milk
For the glaze:
- 1 cup icing sugar
- ¼ cup smooth peanut butter
- 3tbs of water or 6tbs of milk
- Pinch of salt
- Warm the milk in the microwave for about 45 seconds.
- Pour the warm milk in a large bowl and sprinkle the yeast on top and stir. Let it sit until foamy for about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Put the yeast mixer in the stand mixer bowl and ensure that the mixer is fitted with the dough hook. Add granulated sugar, salt, egg, and butter and beat for 2 minutes until combined.
- Add flour and beat on medium speed until combined for 30 seconds. Then, use the dough hook to beat the mixture for 4 to 5 minutes until the dough becomes smooth and pulls away from the bowl.
- Spray a medium bowl with oil. Also, prepare a large baking sheet by lining with parchment and spraying it with oil.
- Transfer the dough to a properly oiled bowl. Proceed to cover using a kitchen plastic wrap or towel and let it rest in a warm spot until it rises to double its size.
- Place the dough in a well-floured surface and roll out to ½ to a ¾ inch thick. Use a 3 inch round cutter to cut out 12 doughnuts.
- In order to fry the doughnuts, place canola oil until it reaches half the pot. Place the pot over medium heat until it reaches 350F. After the temperature has registered 350F, carefully place 4 doughnuts at a time. Flip halfway through until they are golden brown. Use a spoon with slot to transfer the doughnuts to a baking sheet.
- Use a sharp knife to make holes into the sides of each doughnut. Attach the tip of the pastry bag and pipe in jelly. Pipe the jelly into the doughnut holes.
- Make glaze; In a small bowl, whisk together the icing sugar with milk/water, peanut butter, and salt until it is well blended. Spread the glaze over top of each doughnut and serve.